Tuesday, March 3, 2009

TV on the Internet


I love the internet. Especially when those 275 channels I get on the satellite just aren't quite enough.

That's why I've been watching a lot of my favorite shows right off of the internet. I first learned of the joys of the internet TV experience when I recently had an issue with the satellite company and I was without their services for a period of time (bill? what bill?). After a little fancy maneuvering and wiring involving my sons Playstation 3, I was able to wire the big TV up to the old internet.

Now I'm not talking iTunes, where you actually purchase the shows. There are some alternatives where there are entire episodes for free. My favorite is Hulu. I discovered Hulu through Yahoo and have been pleasantly surprised to be enjoying some first run shows (Battlestar Galactica, The Office, Hell's Kitchen, 24, 30 Rock) and tons of classic favorites (Lost in Space, Speed Racer, What's Happening, Party of Five, Charlies Angels).

Now that the satellite is back and humming, I still find myself going through there to watch some of my old favorites as a kid. I'm still waiting for those old episodes of the SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN to pop on there.

Praise you Hulu!

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: