Friday, March 6, 2009

Cords and Cables

If you are going to be cool in Hollywood, it's important that you embrace change and be willing to try new things. One of my problems with that is I'm a pack-rat. As things change, because of some mental illness and my cheapness, I'm afraid to throw away anything that may be of use in the future. Going through the garage I found boxes and boxes of wires and cables.

(Above) A box of phone cables.

First off, if you ever need to run telephone cables through your house I have you covered. I'm not quite sure how many phones I've owned over the years, but certainly not as many to justify the entire CASE of phone cords I found. There must be at least 30 cords of various length and sizes. I truly believe I have enough cable to network an entire corporation.

(Above) Cable-tv cords and dozens of plugs.

I also found a box full of plugs and cable-TV wires. I can understand the tv cable stuff, but I have nearly a dozen plugs for like computers and monitors, etc. I never had that much gear! I wouldn't have bought them at a yardsale. Where did they come from?

(Above) All of my component connectors.

Finally, I found a whole box of RCA cables. CD player, anyone? DVD player? Satellite system? A super-computer? If you have anything that needs to get plugged-in, I have dozens of the ol' red/white/yellow (and other colors) cables. I even have a router!

Does anybody need all these cables? I still won't throw them away...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: