Friday, March 20, 2009

Puzzle Man







I like doing puzzles. Now, I have a rule that if my grandmother did it and really liked it, there is a definite possibility that it is Uncool. For example, making fudge is Uncool. Crocheting an afghan is Uncool. Rocking on a chair underneath a blanket on July 19th at high noon is Uncool.

Jigsaw puzzles are Uncool. What makes me an even bigger goober is that I like to do them very fast. I dull my mind (not hard to do), put something on some music or TV, and go all Rain Man on these things.

I find most of mine at yard sales. Particularly at yard sales of dead people (you know, somebody dies and their kids have a yard sale to get rid of the stuff they don't want). I hit the motherlode recently when some kids were unloading all of their mothers earthly possessions and I bought up all of her puzzles for 50 cents each. Now, they happen to be all 'cat' puzzles which I wouldn't have bought, all things being equal. But I hardly care what the picture is when I'm going Rain Man on a puzzle at the kitchen table. The lady even had little baggies inside the puzzle boxes so that the pieces wouldn't get lost.

share this: Add to Facebook

2 comments:

kygirl said...

My mother, your Aunt, LOVED to do puzzles!! I think you get it from her. :)

Jeffrey Rhodes said...

I knew it came from somewhere! I seem genetically pre-disposed to these things...