Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patricks Day - Green Woes

From Jeffrey Rhodes is the Uncoolest Dude in Hollywood
Jeffrey Rhodes (above) wearing his typical
St. Patricks Day outfit: blue jeans, white
Jack Purcell sneakers, and a tan shirt.

I don't wear green on St. Patrick's Day. It's certainly not out of spite or anti-Irish sentiment or anti-alcohol protest or anti-social behavior, I just have awful memory for such things.

Every year at work for years, I would always forget to wear any green. People come in with green ties, or green shirts, or green 'I'm Irish' buttons and I'd totally forget. One guy even hit me in the arm once (the apparent penalty for forgetting to wear green in Baltimore) but I threw a tape at him and that soon stopped.

After about year twenty of forgetting to wear green, it occurred to me that I had a pretty good streak going. So now I purposely don't wear green. The problem is that my reverse psychology now dictates that I accidently wear green on St. Patrick's Day and I have to stop myself when I'm getting dressed in the morning. So what is the final verdict? Not sure what color I'll actually wear on St. Patrick's Day but I'm firmly convinced that when I wake up on the morning of 3/17, I'll have no idea what day it is until I get dressed and get out and about and some Irish dude yells at me.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: