Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Nightstand


It has been said 'look at a man's nightstand and you know that man'. I'm not sure what that means or if I'm comfortable with that assessment because I took a look at my nightstand and the mix of stuff is a little unsettling.

1) Two glasses, one with a smidge of beer left in it. I don't remember actually deciding that I wouldn't mind having one final beer as I watched the History Channel but that special on the Mayan ruins must have been a partay!

2) TV remote - Goes without saying. Tube in bed is the only way to go to sleep at night.

3) "Book of Virtues" by William Bennett - Not sure how 'Book of Virtues' and an empty Miller Light can comfortably exist on the same nightstand, but facts are facts.

4) Nail polish - My wifes (I swear).

5) Flashlight - One of my earthquake preparations. Except for the fact that the kids sneak in and use it constantly and I'm reasonably sure it is out of power.

6) Clock - Alarm broken. But no alarm doesn't matter since I don't sleep anymore despite many beers, "Book of Virtues" and History Channel all working their magic at once.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: