Saturday, March 21, 2009

Accidental Actor - LUCKY ep. 2


As a review, I was never intended to be the actor to portray the role of evil producer. We just never had the money or time to get a real actor.

On this particular shoot day, as on every other Lucky shoot, we didn't have a permit or permission to shoot, so we were sneaking around and trying to get anything we could that would make sense as a story. We were on the Ne-Yo "Miss Independent" shoot and Ne-Yo's bodyguard kept threatening to throw us off the balcony. The owner of the location was explicit that no other shoot be happening at the same time. It was very, very tricky. In fact, we weren't even going to shoot the evil producer role that day, it just so happened that we were able to get a couple of other story points shot that necessitated my little pick-up line.

Which leads me to my dirty shirt. I wasn't supposed to be on camera. I didn't want to be on camera. I was eating a very yummy piece of mozzarella cheese when it rolled off my fork and dripped olive oil all down the front of my shirt. I looked like a twelve year old after an all-you-can-eat pizza lunch.

So we are shooting my line and I'm like, "Can you see the olive oil on my shirt?"
The response, "No. It looks fine."

I look at the footage. It looks horrible. I ask, "Is there anything we can do about that?"
The response, "Yes. We'll clean it up in post."

It is never cleaned up in post. So there I am, unkempt hair, olive oil laden shirt, trying to act while avoiding psychotic bodyguards and determined location hacks. That strained look on my face is not 'acting'.

Oh, and my car got towed that night by the Santa Monica Police because my license plate sticker had expired. Memorable shoot.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: