Monday, March 30, 2009

Jeff and his steady travel companion Jack Purcell


Jeff & his Jack Purcell's begin the long journey home. I was able to do a little conniving and snagged a car for the same rate as the taxi. Jeff 1 - The Road 0.

Flight delay! I've got a connecting flight, so this may mean trouble. Bought a diet soda and kicked up my Jack Purcell's for a long afternoon in Hartford. Jeff 1 - The Road 1.

Decided to put the delay to some good use and snagged a shoe shine. One of the small pleasures of life if you haven't had the opportunity get a shoe shine. Makes you feel like a private eye or something. My Jack Purcell's sure appreciated the touch-up. Jeff 2 - The Road 1.

Coach seat from Hartford to Atlanta. All the whining and complaining and explaining fell on deaf ears as I tried to sweet talk my way into first class. Circulation low, knee damage high. Jeff 2 - The Road 2.

I thought I was getting one over when the "kind" person at the counter got me an exit row seat. Much to my horror, I discovered that there was no place for my left knee as the kind folks at Boeing had decided that the life raft would fit perfectly right where my leg was supposed to go. Uh-oh, Jeff 2 - The Road 3.

Ahhhhhhh. Arriving at LAX and all troubles are forgotten as me and my Jack Purcell's are greeted kindly by my youngest son Nicholas. Great to be home. Jeff 3 - The Road 3. It was a tie this time...

But at least me and my Jack Purcell's were back home amongst friends and family. See you back out on the road!

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: