Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bike Riding Outfit

Jeff (left) and his new bike riding friends showing
off their new bike riding outfits.

Why in the world do bikers wear those skin tight suits with the logos all over them? I would understand if you were in a race or something but I see dudes riding around every weekend sporting this outrageous outfit. Is it one of those things where one guy does it so everybody copies it and nobody has the nerve to undo the damage? What are the possible reasons for this lunacy:

1) Because that is what Lance Armstrong wears?

I play football in the front yard with my kids but I don't wear shoulder pads and a helmet.

2) Wind resistance?

When you weigh 275 pounds, the least of your problems is wind resistance.

3) Sexy?

Man, I don't think so.

Then I thought, maybe I shouldn't knock it until I've try it. What do you know? I do have less resistance. I'm also less likely to chafe. And my package looks stupendous. Plus, I've met a bunch of new friends who seem very nice even though I can't understand a word they are saying (I think they're Italian). Yet, we all speak the same language. The language of tight outfits with logos all over them.



share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: