Monday, February 16, 2009

X-mas Lights Still Shine Bright


Dateline: February 16, 2009

It may actually be time to take the rest of the Christmas decorations down off of the house. As one of the fourteen Christians here in the Hollywood metropolitan area, I realize I have some sort of duty to represent when it comes to decorating the ol' homestead but I fear it is bordering on ridiculous that it is pushing sixty days since Santa come and went and the colored lights are still strung through the bushes.

My excuses ("It's raining" ... "It's cold" ... "It's hot" ... "I've got this thing I'm doing") are starting to wear thin. It's just that it took every ounce of energy to actually put them up in the first place. I got them spaced properly and wired to the Southern California electrical grid in such a way as to be seen from low Earth orbit, it's really a shame to yank them down now.

Besides, if I stall long enough, it will actually be closer to next Christmas than it was from last Christmas so technically, the smart thing to do will be to leave them up. Let me see if the wife will buy that one...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: