Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Star Trek Posters













I'm not really a Star Trek geek, though I love the show. I've never worn a costume or made my own episodes or wrote my own Trek fiction.

But Jeff the kid was a different story. I would buy books, read stories, make models. I built a fake bridge in my basement. I memorized as many ship names and numbers as I could. I would get my dad to quiz me on Trek facts & trivia (much to his horror). I nearly burned down the house when I built a real working bridge science station and had wired lights to blink on the control panel. If there had been an internet back then, I would have totally geeked out.

I recently found some evidence of how geeked I was when I stumbled across an old collection of Star Trek poster book magazines. On one side, it was a series of articles and pictures about the show. On the back was a huge poster.

Needless to say, as a geeky kid, I had my room full of Star Trek posters while my brother (who at the time I thought was hopelessly uncool) had that Farrah Fawcett poster and listened to Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five.

Sheez.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: