Monday, February 23, 2009

Bible Study Prep

I go to Bible study class about once a month at the Pastor's house. I've been enjoying it but I find I'm doing more studying now than I have in quite some time. Part of this particular class is memorization of Bible passages, etc.

Currently, I am tasked with learning the names of all the names of the Bible books. It doesn't seem that hard until you look in the table of contents and there are like 725 different chapters, all with old timey names. And lots of those old timey names are really similar: Joshua, Jacob, Jeremiah, Hosea, Jonah, Joel... lots of "j's".

And you need to know them is a certain order. So here I am driving the kids to school and singing this nursery rhyme type song I made up in order to get through it. The kids are staring at me like crazy... partly because I made up a song, and partly because they learned it much faster than me using my own song against me.

Now, tonight I have to regurgitate the names of each of these books while simultaneously not singing the song that I used to teach myself the book names in the first place (don't want to look like a total fool in front of the pastor and the other bible study dudes). Christianity is hard, man.


share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: