Saturday, February 21, 2009

Oscar Predictions

I find it absolutely unbelievable that anyone would care (beyond perhaps my children) what I thought about the Oscars on Sunday night. But if you've gotten this far, I will indulge.

These predictions are based upon the same technique I used for Grammy's, the so-called 'Jeff Method'. So here goes:

1. I predict that there is a 92% probability that Jeff will not watch the Oscars on Sunday night.

2. I predict that unless there is a catastrophic TiVO failure, I will be watching thirteen Law & Order SVU's back-to-back during the same amount of time it takes to get through the Oscar telecast.

I'm not totally uninterested in the event that I won't swing by the Kodak theatre this week (time permitting) and eyeball the set-up of the red carpet, etc. For some reason, that part fascinates me. The actual show isn't that fun anymore.

(Above) Jeff's hockey coach plaque... gulp!

One of my favorite awards that I won was this plaque for coaching youth roller hockey. Again, for some goofy reason, when I got it, it made more proud than I would have predicted. I actually got a little lump in the 'ol throat. It made coaching those crazy, insane kids worth it...

Disclaimer: If the stars fall correctly, and there is some strange series of events that finds me nominated for an Oscar or any award for that matter, I will of course change my tune and be the biggest advocate of all awards shows. No purchase necessary.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: