Tuesday, February 17, 2009

VHS Tapes



Back before DVD's, there was a cute little thing you could buy called VHS tapes that had movies on them.

Since I was too cheap to buy VHS tapes, I would record movies off of my parents HBO and get three movies per tape. One of my favorite VHS tapes from back then was a mixtape (you could do those with video as well) with STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN, THE ROAD WARRIOR, and BLADE RUNNER.

The first tape I ever rented was OUTLAND starring Sean Connery so I could do a paper in college. Coincidentally, I had to rent the VHS player as well. I had a very popular dorm room for one weekend.

I used to make custom tapes for bachelor parties but have not received permission yet from said bachelors, nor has the internet quite seen this kind of content (really). Some of my favorite bachelor party tapes: Salvis - "It Ain't Nothin' but a House Party" and Bobe - "The Space Shuttle".

I'm beginning to wonder if I can still get these tapes to work so I can get them in a digital format. That will be a glorious late night posting...

share this: Add to Facebook

1 comment:

Bobe said...

While the "Bobe: Space Shuttle" film was an instant and cult classic, I feel "Salvis: Nuttin But A House Party" was truly Jeff's best work. It has been some years since we have seen a new masterpiece from Jeff. I am still eagerly waiting for the film version of his classic comic series "Bus Boy".

Bobe