Monday, February 2, 2009

Record Collection


So I'm going through some of my old records and I quickly realize that my taste was pretty wretched. My hope was that I'd go through and say "You know what, they were underrated..." or "nice memories there..."

My brother and his friends listened to PRINCE & THE TIME and all those early hip-hop dudes like SUGAR HILL GANG. Now that's foresight! Not me, though. I laughed and scoffed at them and bought all those STYX and NIGHT RANGER and BOSTON and JOURNEY albums so sure of my superiority. Who the heck is ZEBRA? I really bought LOVERBOY? SCANDAL?

EARTH, WIND AND FIRE? No wait, that's my brothers album.

And the only Beetles album I have is "Chimpunks Sing the Beetles" and that is all scratched up!

Then I listened to them. Oh, my, I'm such a geek. I can feel the white man overbite involuntarily forming as the music blasted through my garage/production office.

Sheez.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: