Friday, February 6, 2009

Monopoly Game Collection


I really like collecting Monopoly games. I used to play a lot when I was in Junior High with this kid Dennis Burton. We'd play two or three times a day. We were kind of rough on the games and would wear them out pretty quickly. I had asked for a new game set one Christmas and got a delux version. I've been buying them off and on ever since.

The cool thing about Monopoly games is that they run about $10 new. You can also buy really old games at yard sales and antique shops for around $10. I'm cheap. I like cheap collectables.

Also, the game hasn't changed all that much in the 700 years its been around, so its interesting to compare the artwork and game pieces over the years. I'm not that big a fan of the customized versions (ex: 'Simpsons' Monopoly, 'NFL' Monopoly) but I got a version from Germany that was pretty cool.

I also have a box of loose pieces so if you ever need any extra houses, dice, tokens or property deeds, let me know. Man, that's pretty non-awesome.

The Uncoolness is just intoxicating, isn't it?

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: