Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Records - Quiet Riot "Metal Health"

(Above)  Three white man overbites for 
Quiet Riot "Metal Health".

Not a totally uncool record. I fell for the corporate line and went with the first hair metal band to get that big boy label backing. At the time, I liked "Cum On Feel the Noize" and "Metal Health". I remember them at the US festival and that kind of sealed it for me.

The rest of the album, I always had a hard time getting through. Back in the days of records, I pretty much b
ought whole albums.

I never liked buying singles because I wanted to get value for my money and hopefully I would like some of the other tracks. I ended up putting "Cum on Feel the Noize" and "Metal Health" on a mix tape and never listened to the rest of it again.

But I'm giving them their props and going with 3 White Man Overbites on the jam scale.

I think the lead singer is dead.

share this: Add to Facebook

2 comments:

Wags said...

Just checking in on the blog. For some reason, I've scanned the world-wide-web and even looked into research on Area 51 and topical items like "how to perform frontal lobotomies at home."

Why? Because I'm in Florida, bored, and my wife is hogging the TV watching the Oscars. Are you?

Unknown said...

Hey Butcher.. Yeah DuBrow died a few years ago... Luv gettin my daily dose of the "Uncoolest Dude in Hollywood