Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Office in the Garage





The production office for Rhodes Media Group is not as glamorous as you would think. Just behind the tool shelf, next to the spare tire and the luggage are the palatial suites for my production company. Sure, it gets incredibly hot in the summer and extremely cold in the winter, but who can resist the charm of a concrete floor!

The walls look like an African hut because they were salvaged walls from the Alicia Keys "Superwoman" shoot where we had built an African hut on a stage. Instead of throwing out all that nice lumber and straw, I used part of it to build the walls to my office (the other half became my boys' tree house). The other wall is made up of two massive closet doors salvaged from my old condo (I throw away very little). When I need a conference room and the kids are eating at the kitchen table, I am able to open up the garage door and pull out the table and chairs.

I have somehow managed to squeeze all of my various collections of stuff (Mad Magazines, comic books, old videotapes) in that place and still have enough room left to work. Only in Hollywood, baby!

share this: Add to Facebook

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having your office in your garage allows you to have many props handy when trying to sell a video concept during your conferences. You are brilliant!