Sunday, February 8, 2009

51st Annual GRAMMY Award Predictions

I really can't stand awards shows. When I was a kid, the Oscars seemed important and fun and something to watch but I never watched much else. The Emmy's weren't all that popular when I was a kid and Country music seemed to have an award show on every two months. I kind of liked the MTV Awards when they first came out but have lost interest since. Now I don't watch any awards shows, not even the Oscars.

As a member of the Hollywood elite, the way it works is that you are to pretend 'not to care' about awards, 'its all about the craft', but deep down really 'care'. I just don't care, period.

Jeff's favorite trophy from Pee Wee's (above).


My favorite award was a trophy I won as a member of the Pee Wee football Dumbarton Sharks. I take that trophy everywhere as a good luck charm. It is small, compact, to the point, easy to carry on airplanes and has survived numerous falls from great heights.

With all of that said, I would like to make my predictions for the 51st Annual Emmy Awards:

Prediction #1... Best Music Video: Erykah Badu "Honey" directed by Mr. Roboto, produced by Megan Gutman (I know these people, so this is the only nomination I am aware of. I don't even know who they are competing against).

Prediction #2... I will NOT watch the Grammy Awards tonight and will only hear about who wins if somebody feels the need to tell me despite the fact that I will say to them "I don't really care to know who won."

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: