Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Trek Week - Geeky Trek Books

When I was a kid, I used to have tons of Star Trek books. Whenever we would hit the hall in my teen years (Golden Ring Mall, MD, my first experience with the double decker mall), I would always hit the book store and look for Star Trek books. Back in those days, there weren't all that many to choose from, unlike today where they have a whole section. I bought the novelizations of all the original series episodes by James Blish and the Star Trek Log series which novelized the cartoons.

In one of my rare 'clean-out' moments, I sold all of those books at a used book shop for pennies on the dollar, not realizing they were already collectors items. Sheez.
I still have a couple, my favorite being 'Star Trek Technical Manual'. It's full of more sketches and lists and schematics than you could imagine. My 12 year old brain exploded! I also had the Enterpirse blueprints at one time but for the life of me can't find them. Stolen, I assume...



share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: