Saturday, May 2, 2009

Old Star Wars movie Ad from the Newspaper




When I was a kid, I had this goofy habit of saving newspaper ads of movies I thought were interesting. I was going through my newspapers (I'm a goof, I still have them) and I found this ad for the original Star Wars movie. It was before the movie came out and before it was popular but something about it made me want to save it.

One of the most fascinating parts about this is that if you look at the ad, there are only 5 (five), count 'em five movie theaters and most likely only five movie SCREENS showing the Star Wars movie in the entire Baltimore metropolitan area. I know it was 1977 but wow...

Me and my brother saw it at Towson Cinema and sat in the front row on that first Friday.  My Dad dropped us off and picked us up afterwards...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: