Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Child Slave Labor - Car Washing

This little worker (above) is absolutely useless
when it comes hard work. (Below) The rest of them are
little better in terms of quality slave labor.


In Southern California, it hardly ever rains so if you want your car to look any kind of nice you have to wash it a lot. Most people feel a need to take it to one of the nine hundred car washes within three miles of my house, but I just employ a father's best friend: child labor. With four young, strapping men running around this house, stinking the place up, you would think I could just do what my dad did and make them do all the chores I detest.

Child labor is of course a two-edge sword...

Positive: it is free. Negative: they complain the whole time. Positive: They show up on time. Negative: They are slow as molasses. Positive: quality time with their father. Negative: I end up redoing the work anyway. Positive: They get wet. Negative: I get wet.

I just feel like if I'm going to provide food and shelter, they should kick in with some quality, non-complaining labor.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: