Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Records - Journey "Those Three Early Ones"

I've been roundly criticized by Journey-nation for my purported Steve Perry sighting at Universal City Walk. I took a beating on that one, but being the Uncoolest Dude in Hollywood puts one in a spotlight that just can't be denied. However, I must take exception to the several emailers who said I was not a true fan. Back in the day, I was definitely a Journey-man. Wish it weren't true, but the facts don't lie. And the facts are that I was such a Journey-man I even bought those first three early albums. You know the ones. The Journey albums before Journey was really the Journey we've come to know and love and occasionally (it has been disupted) see at Universal City Walk.

Even in my hardest of hardcore Journey days, I had trouble with these albums. Very Santana-esque (obviously) and so very different than the sound/feel/voice of the later incarnation.

As for that later incarnation, as soon as they get one of their tunes onto Rock Band, the white man overbite will be in full-force as I rock. My kids won't be happy but that can't be helped. Journey-nation, adieu...

(Heck, I even bought that Japanese movie soundtrack thing they did. Cost me a pretty penny at the import record shop!)

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: