Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stuff I Keep

I keep so much stuff. In these green, lean, Ikea-saturated times, it is probably best to keep things cleaned-out and recycled. When keeping old papers, there is problems with musty odors and mold spores, not to mention dust mites.

My Mom called me messy. My friends called me a pack rat. My doctor calls it 'unhealthy hording'. For whatever reason, I keep the oddest things:


I keep most of my old movie ticket stubs (above). Whether or not I like the movie or not, I stick the stub in a drawer and forget about it. I found my old stub from the original 'MATRIX' the other day.


I have all of my old ID's. Everything from my high school ID to long expired membership cards to health clubs and movie clubs. I even have my student ID from the Baltimore Orioles. Yikes.



In the "there is absolutely no reason to keep this department", as if the other things had a reason, I still have all of the codes to my old school combination locks. When you bought the lock, the combination was looped through the metal latch on a piece of paper. I put it in a safe place and still have them all.



Last but certainly not least is my collection of old hotel key cards. I can't ever bear to give them back at hotel checkout time, claim to have 'left it in the room' then bring it home and add it to the pile.

share this: Add to Facebook

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still have a green-slip!

Jeffrey Rhodes said...

Yikes... I thought I was nostalgic