Thursday, April 9, 2009

States I've Been To

In another bid to be totally Uncool, I came up with a list of the states I've been to and why. I tried to only include states in which I slept and/or drank alcohol:

Alabama - Family vacation when I was a kid with my cousins family at their place on a lake.
Arizona - Been there tons of times on layovers. Shot a DMX video near Phoenix (while trying to avoid getting shot) and stayed in a hotel with one eye open.
California - Live in LaLa. The whole place is a blur.
Colorado - Been through the airport twice. Once for many, many hours! They have a statue of an astronaut in there.
Connecticut - Taught some classes in the Hartford area and was in the HQ building of Otis Elevator. They had the nicest elevator in that building that I've ever seen.
Delaware - Partayed many a night at the U of D. Entered the front door of the Stone Balloon and the rest was a blur.
Florida - Shot a Fat Joe video in Miami, the rest was a complete blur.
Georgia - Shot a Young Jeezy video in Atlanta, the rest was a complete blur.
Illinois - Had a ton of deep dish pizza there, the rest was a complete blur.
Kentucky - Relatives past and present live in the Commonwealth.
Louisiana - New Orleans, the rest was a complete blur.
Maryland - Grew up in B-more.
Massachusetts - Drove up to see a O's/Red Sox game. That was another of those blur things.
Michigan - Taught a class in Detroit. I wish it was a blur but I remember everything.
Minnesota - Hung out on a commercial shoot in a Minneapolis airplane hanger. Didn't sleep even though I was there all night and all day.
Missouri - Shot a Jibbs video in St. Louis. My first experience dealing with 'the man'.
Nebraska - Taught a class in Lincoln and had to listen to the Iowa people bash the Nebraska people all week. It was just kind of funny to me that the Iowa people thought they were all that much better than the Nebraska people. Iowa.
Nevada - Vegas. 'Nuff said (you know, the blur thing).
New Jersey - More than my fair share of 'New York' video shoots had me sleeping in Newark.
New York - You are never more than 90 seconds away from a donut.
North Carolina - Boy #2 conceived at a hotel off of I-95. I have the pictures to prove it.
Ohio - Been through Cleveland and Cincinnati on blur business.
Pennsylvannia - Just up the road from my old house.
Rhode Island - I flew through Providence a million times but never slept in that fair state. Right after 9/11, I road a Southwest flight out of Providence where I was the only passenger on the entire plane. Hard to forget Providence after that.
South Carolina - Hilton Head. Myrtle Beach. Blur.
Tennessee - Family vacation when I was a kid. It was a blur but mainly because I was like 6 or 7 years old.
Texas - Dallas. Austin. Blur.
Utah - Salt Lake City. Still trying to get it out of my mind.
Virginia - Went to college there. Blur doesn't even begin to describe it.
Washington - Taught a ton of classes in Seattle. Have not yet had the opportunity to properly blur myself in the Northwest but I'm making plans.
West Virginia - Many relatives there. Seriously.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: