Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Records - Yes "90125"

This is one of those albums I liked a little more than I probably should have. This is Yes' first pop album after being essentially one of the British progressive rock groups (ala King Crimson, ELP, etc.). I would have never bought this album if it was that. I am Uncool now and I was Uncool back then, so I bought this album 'for the hits!'

'Owner of a Lonely Heart' is probably the biggest hit off of this turntable classic and I of course found my head bobbing along as the record skipped and popped its way through the side.

It of course features a cover which back then was very hip and forward and now looks like something my oldest son would whip up on the computer for his homework. I always digged the fact that the album title came from the product code and not a Beverly Hills zip code.

I going with three white man overbites (WMO's) with my heart even though my head tells me it should be 2 or 2 1/2. What can I say? Invent your own ratings scale...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: