Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Records - Loverboy "Keep It Up"


I don't know man... This has got to be example number 63 of "What was I thinking?" back in the 80's. I actually went to work at a job, earned a check, took it to the bank & cashed it, drove to the record store (using gasoline the whole way), and purchased LOVERBOY "Keep It Up". And I still have it. And I put in on the turntable and played it. And those guitars and those synthesizers and those sorta rock-and-roller lyrics poisoned my speakers. I feel so empty for having done it.

Ouch. Was it those black leather outfits? Was it the cool red logo? Did I think my friends would think it was cool? Was I mental?

I played it, and I swear on the lives of my offspring that my overbite did not once work its way over my lower lip. I've yet to go "0" on the white man overbite scale but I just don't get it.

Sure they're Canadian, sure they're... they're... they're...

"0" on the white man overbite scale. No negotiation.

Note: I checked Wikipedia and Loverboy has one redeeming quality. They lost a member of the band in a pretty rock 'n roll manner: he was declared dead after being lost at sea.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: