Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Laundry Room


So I have this fabulous office in my garage. I love the privacy... I love the fact that it is off the beaten path so I can put all my 'man'/'geek' stuff in here... It's a nice place to create. Me and the wife decided it would be important to carve this little piece 'o heaven out of the corner next to the paint so I took great pains to design it well. Plenty of storage... nice flat surfaces to pin notes and sketches... nice desk... even an air conditioner to keep me cool during heat of the summer.

Here's where I went wrong. I designed the place in the heat of summer, so I took the pains to come up with an air conditioning solution that was economical and efficient and cheap. The problem's began when the summer ended and the California winter kicked-in. Now the California winter is nothing like the east coast stuff I was used to, but quite frankly it was cold enough. How to keep warm until the sun started baking the roof of the garage? Answer: the dryer.

So out of necessity and efficiency, I have become the king of laundry. Where as before, I would certainly do my share of the laundry if need be, I now am a vigorous launderer. As long as that dryer is running, my toes stay toasty. And being cheap, I am not going to simply run the dryer with nothing in it. Separate: whites... darks... colors... use the detergent concentrate to save dough! Keep the dryer vent clear to be more efficient! Dryer sheets? What do those things do?

With four messy boys, the laundry is never ending pile of constant smell and grease, but due to my cold toes, they are never for want of a clean change.

I just hope I don't go back to my old ways once the garage starts to heat up again!

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: