Friday, April 17, 2009

Jeff's Cooking Tip #5 - Salt and Pepper


As everyone knows, people here in Hollywood do not know how to cook. Their idea of cooking is going through their binders full of take-out menus and making a few calls. However, since I am cheap and since I like to eat decent food if possible, I have taught myself some cooking tricks over the years. I have had people over to my house who have comments like, "Why is there fire coming out of the top of that thing in your kitchen?" or "I've always wondered what happened back in that room where the food comes out of" or "So french fries really aren't grown in that shape?". So as a continuing service to those who have wondered, here is this weeks cooking tip:

Use salt and pepper.

That's right, one of the easiest and best things you can do to make your food taste better is to use these simple condiments when cooking. For example, something as simple as chicken could be cooked in a pan with oil, salt and pepper and taste absolutely yummy. That same chicken cooked with no spices is horrid and bland.

Beef or chicken: Always throw some salt and pepper on both sides before grilling, stewing or frying.

Soups & Sauces: Most sauces taste putrid unless you put salt in it. Use salt.

Salads: Make your greens pop and delicious with a little S&P.

If you have a hear condition, eat bland food. If you want to make anything, and I mean anything, taste ten times better, use salt and pepper when you cook your food. You'll shocked, glad and amazed.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: