Saturday, January 30, 2010

Uncool Business Card Flashback - The Radio Debacle



My first post-television job was a year stint in radio as a sales person. It was time for me to finally "make some dough". The problem was that I was the worse sales person to ever strap on a tie. I was absolutely terrified to ask anybody for money and that is one of the worse problems to have when you are a sales person.

Throw in the fact that I was selling for the hip and cool radio station and you've got a recipe for disaster. It was during this stint that I learned the value of anxiety medication.

As horrible as I was, I had made gobs more money than I ever had working at the salt mines known as Fox 45 television. Not sure if that means the TV pay was so bad or that sales is so much better no matter how horrible is hard to say. Let's just say, I learned a lot but wouldn't necessarily want to repeat the experience.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: