Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bobby the Bobcat

Growing up, we never went into the basement at my grandparents house because we were afraid of the stuffed animals. Our worse enemy was the stuffed bobcat. It wasn't until we were much older that we got the courage to take a closer look. Poised in an aggressive pose, Bobby protects the ol' home office from any potential predators. Incredibly, for being dead seventy years and never going outside, it will get the occasional tick.

Before you give me any grief, I didn't shoot it, and my grandfather shot it many years before I was born so I'm not sure which (if any) laws were broken. I'm just not sure what to do with it and it's kind of sentimental for me now. It certainly freaked the dog out as he tried to ascertain what the threat might be.

As might be expected, he took on the name of "Bobby" and he's been delighting the succeeding generations ever since.


If it makes you feel better, he is being kept company by "Ted" the bear, my stuffed teddy bear head that has been proudly mounted in every bedroom I've lived in since about third grade.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: