Friday, January 8, 2010

The Jeff(rey) Rhodes Project - Pt. 1


Jeff Rhodes (left) enjoying a little time with his pal Jeffrey Rhodes (right).


So I'm traveling time from Seattle to LA and I get out of my meeting early and dash to the airport as fast as I can to try and get an earlier flight. When I swipe my credit card, I notice that the kind folks at Northwest Air had already put me on an earlier flight. Great. I board the plane, grab my seat, and close my eyes. Some dude walks up tells me I'm sitting in his seat. I double check my boarding pass, double check my seat number and politely tell him he's wrong. He goes to the flight attendant. The flight attendant comes back and asks for my boarding pass. I oblige and hand it to her. She compares my boarding pass to his boarding pass, "Which one of you is Jeffrey Rhodes?"

We both raise our hands.

This is the first confirmed meeting I've had with another Jeff Rhodes. I thought it was kind of funny. The other Jeff Rhodes was kind of a jerk. I was hoping to compare Jeff Rhodes notes but no dice.

So it got me thinking about how many Jeff Rhodes' there are out in the world. Who are they and what do they do? So I decided to become friends with as many Jeff Rhodes' as I could find. I've started with Facebook and sent friend requests to 272 different Jeff or Jeffrey Rhodes'.

So far:

One Jeffrey Rhodes is a high school kid from Indiana.
One Jeff Rhodes is from Mississippi
More than a few Jeff Rhodes' seem to be from Ohio
One Jeff Rhodes likes to play games on Facebook
Another Jeff Rhodes doesn't like people who play games.

Further reports to come on the Jeffrey Rhodes universe as I make friends with my found pals...


share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: