Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas Tree Utter Destruction

Being hopelessly cheap, I can't stand buying a Christmas tree and then just throwing it away in early January. Oh sure, the cheapest way to deal with the Christmas tree situation is to buy an artificial tree but I have been most heinously overruled by the wife on that one. But what to do with it?

Firewood. That's right, after the final decoration has been removed, out comes the hand saw. Like a master butcher breaking down cow into choice cuts of meat, I go to work on the branches, trunk and needles of the Christmas tree. This years tree was surprisingly complex in the number of different branches and directions. But after an hour of sawing and chopping, I now have a nice pile of wood I'll at some point burn to my delight.

For the final time this season, Merry Christmas.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: