Monday, January 11, 2010

Jack Purcell Blue Canvas Old School

I found this pair of Jack Purcell's at a vintage sneaker store in Silverlake, CA. These are an old style Jack Purcell Blue Canvas.

Being old school, they are a completely different cut and mold from those currently on the market from Converse. These older models actually feel more like a typical sneaker. Your average Jack Purcell tends to sit flat and feel almost like a moccasin. The sole isn't very thick, so you tend to stand lower and quite frankly have to get used to it.

These old school blues sit higher like a Nike or Adidas so have a different feel to them. They no longer make them this way, but you run into them occasionally if you keep your eye out. I save these and wear them every so often when I'm trying to look casual but have to have a sharpness to my look. In Hollywood, this would be your lower level meetings or a semi-power meal.

I would wear these to a special day at church (Easter/Christmas) but not regular church (don't want to waste the newness). I'm trying to preserve the newness so they only come out every so often. Starting to get a little wear so I need to be careful!

It's at this point that you laugh at the fact that I have rules for when to wear different sneakers.





share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: