Friday, June 5, 2009

Uncool Task #47 - Laundry


My super-secret creative laboratory is in the garage. I don't mind that. In fact, I kind of like it. When I first designed the lab, it was in the middle of a scorching summertime and the garage was hot. So I made sure to design the space so that I could fit a small air conditioning unit and keep cool. The problem is that it gets somewhat cold (cold enough to need some heat) in the winter months.

Solution: Run the dryer. Since I don't want to be wasteful with these exorbitant California electric bills, I use the dryer with actual wet clothes. Which means I have to wash them. Hence, in a roundabout way, I've become the family laundry man.

Not the coolest of jobs here in Hollywood, but you know what, it has to be done. Like everything else in life, I have a system:

Divide: three categories... whites (grays), colors, darks.
Wash: I use my own special recipe laundry detergent that I make on the stove, saving dozens of dollars per year.
Dry: Ahhhhhhhh, sweet warmth in the cold months.
Fold: Are you crazy? I washed 'em, somebody else can fold 'em. What do I look like?

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: