Friday, June 19, 2009

Desk Shot


Every tech-movie has a geeky guy in his mom's basement with a bank of computers so they can 'hack' into the defense network (in about 12 seconds) and do some plot driven action.

It is in full Uncool humbleness that I look at my desk and go, uh-oh, I may be be just like them. I'm out in in my garage for many more hours than I'd care to admit. I have not one but two computers running and I feel that isn't nearly enough. I have wires and cables strung throughout. I have the ability to ramp-up to a full-blown in-house network pretty fast. I've got editing software and green screen fabric lying around, I've got a bunch of cameras and a pile of scripts. My nephew came over and we shot more goofy YouTube clip footage.

I noticed that there's a certain group of people in our field (editors, night crew, telecine folks) who become so attached to their gear because of the nature of their jobs that they get a certain look in their eyes. A certain disconnection with the ol' world-a-rama.

I've been looking at these screens too much! Time to interact with other humans...

...and I'll get to that as soon as I check my email, update the blog and check on a little research.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: