Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stuff I Keep - Pt. 2 - Goofy Plastic Caps

As I've stated many times before, if I'm alone these many years hence when I pass from this planet, the executors of my estate are going to find so much illogical crud in my house. My latest obsession: these plastic caps on the end of shipping tubes. I've been working on a project where I've gotten a lot of poster sized paper sent to me, so it has been sent to me in those cool shipping tubes. Being a super-goober of Uncool proportions, I just can't throw away the shipping tubes and plastic caps, I MUST KEEP THEM!

I am proud to say, that the shipping tubes themselves have been re-purposed nicely. A goodly portion of them became toy bazooka guns for the kids (used, abused, thrown away). I also used a bunch of them to organize the kids' hockey sticks (see below). I was pretty proud of that one.

However, that leaves these goofy plastic caps. What to do with them? Game pieces for some future board game me and the boys will invent one Saturday night? Perhaps they can be the buttons or knobs of some robot costume this Halloween? Or the baubles of some necklace my youngest will make for his mothers' Christmas present?

I'm not sure either. I just know I have a hard time throwing away something that is perfectly good that can be used for something perfectly logical if I can only figure out what that may be.

So I hope that whomever goes through my final belongings and stumbles across a bag of plastic caps will find a good home for these highly useful... things.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: