Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Recap

Picked-up some nice swag on Father's Day 2009. I have particularly embraced Father's Day because it is one of the several days per year I give myself permission to be lazy and be non-diplomatic. As the pater-familia, I find I spend a great deal of time offering solutions, negotiating and being the judge on multiple little trials. On Father's Day, not only is it acceptable to NOT do those things, it is required.

On Saturday, I hit Hollywood video and went through their previously viewed section. Being that they were having a buy 2, get 2 special, I was able to snag some movies for the first time in a while: "Pineapple Express", "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Quantum of Solace" and "Tropic Thunder".
On Sunday morning, I began the day by sleeping-in. Generally, I am the first up these days but not on Father's Day. Then, a manly bacon & eggs breakfast (above). Generally, I cook pancakes and make a couple of eggs for myself, but as part of the festivities, the entire feast was cooked for me and we stomach achingly yummy.
This was followed by the presentation of the gifts. I received my customary and quite enjoyed handmade cards and gifts. My youngest brought home his first 'made in school' gift and it now serves as my latest pencil can. My second youngest got creative and pulled together a very well-crafted multi-media card and keychain.

Then the family drove to the Saugus Raceway outdoor swap meet and I bought myself a grill scraper.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: