Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Records - Hall and Oates "H20"


Happy Father's Day! Before I drift off for my traditional Father's Day Nap, I pulled out some old records and stumbled across Hall and Oates "H20". I've always had a theory about Hall and Oates that they had cut a deal with the devil to become famous. They'd always have like one or two monster hits on their albums, and the rest would be horrendous. It was like the devil gave them enough to get them famous, but let them write the rest of the songs on their own.

This was early 80's so it's about when they were really hitting their stride. They were famous by this time, tall moused hair, and in full devil mode. As usual, there were a couple of hits and the rest is really rough to listen to. "Maneater" and "One on One" and possibly "Family Man" were all written by Lucifer himself. They are catchy and the hooks stick in your brain like super glue. The rest is of the album... well, you know... nice try fellas.

As far as white man overbite scale goes, though these songs are catchy (at least those penned by you know who), they don't really elicit the WMO. But I can't deny their catchiness, so I am forced to award one white man overbite on the WMO jam scale. Being a Christian man, I feel it is my duty to now burn this album and forever banish it from the human record.

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: