Monday, August 3, 2009

Sports Equipment Graveyard



With the youth football kicking into high gear, I had make sure my #2 son had his proper equipment. Before hitting the sporting goods store, we took a visit to the Rhodes sports equipment graveyard. With four boys enjoying varying degrees of sports, it seems like we have everything. Laying everything out, I calculated I could do the following (this is no exaggeration):

1) Depending upon the sizes, I have enough gear to equip five hockey players. Excluding skates, I could field a squad of eight.

2) I have six pucks, equipment to repair skates and tools to tie the shoes.

3) Youth golf clubs

4) Tennis rackets, badminton, croquet, horseshoes, and tether ball

5) Balls, balls, balls and balls

6) Four sets of boxing gloves, a heavy bag and wraps.

7) Hand weights,

8) Three scooters (sold two already), five bikes, two boogie boards, and a surfboard.

9) Gloves and mitts.

10) Football cleats, soccer cleats, and baseball cleats.

Ah, the joy of boys...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: