Thursday, August 20, 2009

Football Week - Glory Days 2 "Interior Line"



In my never-ending uncool series about my high school glory days, I would be remiss if I did not mention my compadres on the Calvert Hall offensive line. We went by many names: "Homecoming Wrecking Crew", "Interior Line", "Argh", and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

In a bid to build a little unity for what we felt was an unappreciated unit, we came up with the idea of the interior line symbol (from trigonometry class). We started off by taping the symbol to the front of our helmets right on the front above the face mask. I was sure that coach Miceli would make us take 'em off as soon as he saw them, but he seemed to get a kick out of it so we kept them on there. Eventually, Coach Konka bought us some hats and Coach Lamb bought us some shirts and the whole thing kind of took on a life of its own.

We all pitched in and bought an ad in the Calvert Hall/Loyola game program, talked our interior line trash, and had a fun senior year.

share this: Add to Facebook

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Butcher, Zachary is playing interior line for the new Manchester Valley Mavericks. I've been telling him about the muvs of CHC interior line, the legacy we all built and how we tore up the competition. I plan on talking to his line coach and trying to get them to bond as a strong and undefeatable unit. Thanks for bring out the old stuff, I just wish I could find my hat (-)
Peace my brother, Salvi

Jeffrey Rhodes said...

Dems was da days! I've got a ton of stuff (obviously) that I'll post when I get around to it...