Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Records - Bruce Hornsby & The Range "The Way It Is"


This is a very special album in the J-Rho record collection for a couple of reasons.

1. Bought this down in Virginia when I was working my first tv job, Bruce Hornsby was from Virginia, I knew some people who knew him, it all seemed kind of special at the time.

2. It was the last album I bought.

That's right, I switched to CD's right after this point so there had to be a last album and this was it. I never really got into the album per se, but it being the last purchased album it holds a special place in my heart as the end of the record buying era. I of course started buying CD's like mad and kept playing my albums but this was the last one. I can be nostalgic about such things, but I don't recall thinking much about it at the time.

1 White Man Overbite on the WMO jam scale. It would rank much higher of the WMO had to do with pianos instead of guitars.


share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: