Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Records - Def Leppard "Pyromania"

I bought Def Leppard "Pyromania" during my college record buying spree. This album of course was purchased only after ascertaining whether or not there would be enough hit songs to justify purchase. When I bought this album, I was always a little wary about whether or not Def Leppard was cool enough. I remember running into a friend of mine at White Marsh Mall when I bought the album. Here I am coming out of the music store with an album and Tony Migliore is like, 'hey, what do you have there?' I recall feeling uneasy that I was buying an uncool album but I fessed up and showed it to him. I don't recall him rolling his eyes.

Anyway, I really liked it then and it hasn't really aged all that much for me. In fact, if they ever come out with a Def Leppard 'Guitar Hero' I'm all over it because Def Leppard is really a definitive band in terms of the White Man Overbite. They seemed to have been invented for just such a purpose. How can you not love a song entitled "Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)".

The big song I really liked off this album was the hit "Photograph" though I'm still partial to "Rock of Ages".

3 1/2 white man overbites on the WMO jam scale (high praise from J-Rho).

By the way, this is pre-drummer-getting-arm-chopped-off which of course is very rock 'n roll!


share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: