Friday, August 28, 2009

Football - Proper Game Watching Attire

(Above) Jeff's new Ravens shirt for the season.

With the coming of the NFL season, it is not only important to make sure the ol' satellite bill is paid up and NFL Ticket is good and ready to go, but it is important to have one's wardrobe in shape. As a long-distance Ravens fan, I have very few opportunities to bond with my fellow fans in the world's largest outdoor insane asylum and show my proper colors. In fact, unless you are talking USC, Southern California isn't much for football. Ask anybody around here if they were upset that the Rams left for St. Louis and the most common answer is, "the Rams used to play in LA?"

In order to make Sunday's that much more special, I find it fun and fabulous to don my full Ravens gear while watching on television. We usually TiVo the games so we can go to church (west coast means mostly 10:00am games for me) which isn't a problem because nobody around here cares and nobody will spill the beans. I of course triple check the recording before leaving the house, nothing worse than no recording, then game time!

This year, my brother so kindly sent me a Ravens hawaiian style shirt for those especially sticky days out here. [Note: there are no sticky days in SoCal]. But I'll be wearing it anyway. Now all I need are a pair of purple Ravens Jack Purcell sneakers and the look will be perfect. Let the battles begin...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: