Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Records - David + David "Boomtown"


This is one of my 'cool-guy' albums I bought back in 1987 sometime. I seem to remember this clearly because the big song 'Boomtown' was all over the radio down in Virginia. This is one of those albums that when I hear it very much reminds me of a time and place. I worked for exactly one year to the day at WHSV-TV 3 in Harrisonburg, VA right out of college. It was my first real job and my first TV job. I made literally peanuts ($4.25 per hour) and was somehow able to scrape a living. I had this tiny little one bedroom joint ($225 per month) that I could not afford and my car kept breaking down. For all that and many reasons, I bought David + David "Boomtown". Like my year in H-burg, they were alas one-hit-wonders and have earned two white man overbites on the WMO jam scale. Oh, where are they now...


share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: