Monday, July 20, 2009

The Worst Grill Ever


I hate to complain but as a manly man who like to cook meat, my grill is the pits. When I moved to California, I chose to leave my old flat top Aussie grill behind and gave it to my brother. You could control the temperature in different zones, it heated up fast, it had a lot of surface area, it was great.

When I first moved out to Southern California, I lived in a condo so I bought a cheapie table-top gas grill and made do for a few years. When I moved into a house, it was time to once again enter the man club. Ouch.

This grill stinks. It has two temperatures: Fire and off. It does not drain grease. It burns everything to a cinder within seconds. It's like watching Dante's Inferno in the flesh as the grill follows the meat around, burning it where ever it lands. The only workaround is to put all burners on the lowest setting and wait three hours for the burger to stop being red. I'm not sure if it is the heat of the sun or the heat from the grill that is cooking these things.

But now I'm committed and I'm too cheap to get a new grill just yet. But boy, am I pricing them out...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: