Friday, July 24, 2009

Bottom Drawer


Every writer has a 'bottom drawer' where they keep all the crud they've written. Either fortunately or unfortunately I have an entire shelf. In fact, not everything is printed out so a lot of it is still in the computer (probably should print some of that out). My bottom drawer is getting quite big.

It's good because if I ever develop a good level of juice in this town, I'll be 'prolific' for quite a bit because I'll at least have a ton of ideas thought through. It is said that a good writer has gotten a lot of the 'bad' writing out of their system by writing, writing, writing. Man, I hope so, because I've got a ton of stuff here.

A quick look back through...

The Pickle Man - My first feature script about a guy haunted by a strange ghost (the nefarious Dr. Pinnochole).

I used to write a draw comics quite a bit, most of it when I was a kid 'Blue Blazer' and some to this day 'The Busboy'. I also a write and draw an occasional comic strip for the kids entitled 'Bean Heads'.

Mall Santa - My script I wrote about a Santa Claus booth at a mall that I was shopping around until an agent said, 'You know, they're already making a movie called BAD SANTA'. That was the end of that.

I also wrote a series of short stories called 'Santa Claus: An Abridged History' about how the early life of Santa, space aliens, Kings and tax collectors, and Santa's unheralded role during WWII.

I have script called 'Lucky' and one called 'Millionaires Club' which I did in partnership with another feller.

I have TV show treatment ideas, TV show scripts (New York Undercover [remember that?], Star Trek Voyager & Star Trek Deep Space Nine [they used to accept scripts from regular folks])

The repository is endless. Hopefully, there is a gem or two in there when the need arises!

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: