Wednesday, July 8, 2009

RIP: Jeff's Rock Band Guitar


Note: Before reading this post, please press 'play' on the video below. Light a candle.

With the passing of so many famous celebrities recently, I'm concerned that one passing will go unnoticed. My Rock Band Fender Stratocaster guitar broke irreparably over the weekend. It was two years old.

My guitar appeared innocently enough underneath the Christmas tree in late 2007 and it's been a dream ever since. The kids were forbidden from ever plucking its imaginary strings and it quickly became an extension of my very own body. It wasn't long before that guitar KNEW which note had to be played and we formed a rockin' partnership.

Our most memorable session had to be in August of '08 when I pulled a rockin' allnighter to try and get through Metallica's "Enter Sandman". The guitar wouldn't let me quit. I conquered. The night she finally failed, we were working through Deep Purple's 'Highway Star' and she just couldn't make it through the solo. The constant rockin' destroyed the plucking bar. She was gone.

Through parties, through earthquakes, my guitar survived, thrived, and provided hours of rockin' enjoyment. Adieu, my friend. Adieu.

(Now to start pricing out the replacement!)


share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: