Sunday, April 18, 2010

Star Trek and Lego's - An Uncool Combo

Jeff's mini-Defiant from Deep Space Nine.
Notice the Sharpie marks. Based upon plans
found here.

Alright, I like Lego. I admit it. I like it more than my kids. When the kids get kits for their birthday's or Christmas, I keep the directions in a file. I also like Star Trek. The evidence is beyond dispute.

However, due to contractual reasons , there are no official Star Trek Lego kits. Ones only hope is to wing-it and try to come up with something on your own. I am creative, but I don't have all the time in the world to design-build-prototype a perfect starship from scratch. I found a website that had plans for minature Star Trek models built cleverly with few pieces.

Jeff's mini-Klingon Battle Cruiser from Star Trek OS.
Based upon plans found here.

Even with so few pieces, I still had to work around not having some of the pieces. Plus, I didn't always have the right color and had to had to pull out the ol' Sharpie a few times to modify the Lego color.

Jeff's mini-Excelsior from Star Trek II.
Based upon plans found here.


Still Uncool after all these years...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: