Friday, April 9, 2010

Orioles Opening Week - Home Opener






I never went to all that many opening days growing up. It wasn't until I could buy my own seats that I went, but I can remember clearly how few other kids seemed to be in school on opening day. It was like an unofficial holiday. It reminded me of my time living in Virginia and the first day of hunting season was kind of the same thing.

It was so bad in high school, that Brother Woods set up a card table in the lobby of Calvert Hall to process all of the kids leaving early.

Of course, that was back in the days when you could decide to head on down to a game at the last minute, walk up to the window and get a nice seat. You could also bring a cooler with food and drinks. Oh, and they used to win a lot more.

Hate to sound like my grandfather but... dems was da days!

Go O's!!!!

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: