Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Neighbor's "Spare" Sliding Board

My mysterious neighbors' phantom sliding
board (above) taunting me from his nearby
pack rat pile.

While still a pack rat, I've whittled my pack rat nature down to smaller items. When I lived in Maryland, I had a habit of pack ratting larger items that I might "need" one of these days. Things like spare tires, old timber, and various chunks of metals, screws, and farming tools. Since I've moved to Southern California, my pack ratting is now confined to nick-knacks and papers and other "small" items I can cram into my office.

This does not however keep me from admiring my neighbors pack rat collection. My neighbor is an older gentleman who I've had the privilege of picking off his wonderful pack rat pile. Who else would have a spare metal gate, fence, and steel rods lying about?

Anyway, I've been eyeballing one piece of his collection and I'm trying to figure out a way to ask how to get it. He's easily in his seventies or eighties but for some reason he's hoarding a really nice sliding board. I'm sure there is some mysterious or possible future 'grandson' or 'nephew' he is saving it for, but I don't ever see kids rolling through that place. Ever.

I, on the other hand, have a tree house, a pre-built sliding board platform, and a pre-cut hole through the brush that is perfect that very same sliding board. The wait is on...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: